Occupational Noise Induced Hearing Loss
|Date / Time:
This webinar will bring you up to speed on issues related to hazardous occupational noise.
Understand the intricacies of the medical effects of noise exposure on hearing. Get a handle on complicated issues surrounding the calculation of hearing impairment.
Avoid problems down the road by getting to know specific workers' compensation issues. You'll gain the practical insight you need to deal with any challenges that come your way. This information will make sure you stay on the cutting edge of your field.
Hazardous Occupational Noise
Effects of Noise Exposure on Hearing
- Measurement of Noise
- Noise Level Survey
- Personal Dosimetry
- OSHA Standards
- Noise Reduction
The Issue of Causation
- Measurement by Audiogram
- OSHA Standards
- Subjectivity and Methodology
- Characteristics of Occupational Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
Calculation of Hearing Impairment
- Medical Opinion
- Presbycusis and Other Causes of Hearing Loss
State-Specific Workers' Compensation Issues
- Standard of Compensability
- Level of Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Use of AMA Formula
- Adjustment for Other Causes of Impairment
About The Presenter
- Date of Injury and Identifying the Responsible Employer and Insurer
- Notice of Injury
- Affirmative Defenses
- PreEmployment Audiogram
- PostEmployment Audiogram
- Impairment Threshold for Compensability
- Statute of Limitations
Charles S. Katz, Jr., Esq.
- Engaged in the practice of law as a sole practitioner with an office in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- More than 40 years practicing in workers’ compensation law representing primarily employers and insurers
- Has been elected by his peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and holds the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Lectures nationally on the topic of workers’ compensation and has been a regular Lorman Education speaker since 1985
- Member of the Lexis-Nexis National Advisory Board for workers’ compensation
- Active member of NAMSAP (National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals)
- J.D. degree, American University, Washington College of Law; B.S. degree, Bucknell University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OSHA Recordkeeping 101
Safety Metrics: 10 Ways To Measure And Quantify Your Safety Program
Incident Investigations: A Simple Process That Works
OSHA Compliance Seminar
What′s New In Confined Spaces Regulations
Best Practices For Emergency Response Planning
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Behavior Based Safety: What Works, What Doesn′t, And How It Can Help Your Organization
OSHA 30-Hour Compliance Course
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
Workers′ Comp 2014
How Workers′ Compensation Works
The Employee Safety Handbook
7-Minute Safety Trainer-Spanish/English Edition
Internal Investigations Certificate Program