The AIA Owner Contractor Agreement
|Date / Time:
This webinar provides you with an overview of AIA construction contracting, including the AIA delivery system, document organization, key features and practice insights.
You will learn the key features of the AIA Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Contractor (A101-2007) and the AIA General Conditions of the Contract for Construction (A201-2007).
In addition, the webinar covers the most important components of the agreement and address negotiating points from the perspective of the three principal parties (design professional, owner and contractor). You will become familiar with how these agreements fit within an overall capital project and gain an understanding of its principle underlying features.
Overview of AIA Contract Document Delivery System and OrganizationAIA Contract Families and SeriesOverview of AIA Procurement and Pricing ModelsThe Contract General Conditions in ContextKey Contract Features
Key General Conditions Features
- Contract Price
- Progress Payments
- Substantial Completion
- Dispute Resolution
- Termination or Suspension
- Interest Rate
- Documents Incorporated by Reference
- Insurance Specification
- Surety Bond
About The Presenters
- Table of Contents
- Instruments of Service
- Owners and Contractor's Responsibilities
- Job Site Safety
- Means and Methods of Construction
- Warranty; Indemnification
- Allowances; Construction Schedules
- Shop Drawings and Submittals
- Architects Responsibilities
- Contingent Assignment of Subcontracts
- Owners Use of Separate Forces
- Hazardous Materials
- Governing Law
- Claims for Consequential Damages
- Initial Decision Maker
- Not Joinder Provisions
- Equitable Claims
James E. Hughes, Esq.
- Partner in the law firm of Hancock Estabrook, LLP, practicing in construction law, municipal law and commercial litigation
- Construction arbitrator affiliated with the American Arbitration Association (Arbitration and Mediation Neutral Panel)
- Construction counsel to the City of Syracuse, NY
- Serves on the Contract Document Committee of the Construction Owners Association of America (COAA)
- Associate member of the Association of General Contractors
- More than 30 years of experience in construction law, negotiating and drafting design and construction agreements for public and private entities
- Served as construction counsel for many substantial construction projects
- Experienced in resolving construction defect and construction delay disputes
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OSHA Compliance Seminar
What The New Lockout/Tagout Revision Means For Your Workplace
What′s New In Confined Spaces Regulations
Best Practices For Crisis Management And Public Relations In Safety
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
What′s New With OSHA Injury Recordkeeping
Best Practices For Emergency Response Planning
Reasonable Or Unreasonable? How To Determine What Is A Reasonable Accomodation
7-Minute Safety Trainer-Spanish/English Edition
How To Avoid Safety Mistakes That Cost You Money
Injury-Proofing New Employees
OSHA 30-Hour Compliance Course
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
How Workers′ Compensation Works
The Employee Safety Handbook
Internal Investigations Certificate Program