Expanding Paid Sick Leave Laws in 2015
|Date / Time:
In November, 2014, the municipalities of East Orange, Irvington, Jersey City, Passaic, Newark and Patterson, New Jersey recently passed municipal ordinances that currently require employers to provide paid sick time to their employees. New Jersey is not the only place where this phenomenon is happening: more and more governmental bodies at state and local levels are requiring that employers provide some sort of paid leave to their employees.
This webinar will examine this emerging trend, and identify some of the locales where such requirements are now the law. In addition to reviewing this evolving area of leave law, the webinar will likewise address the interplay between such developing laws and existing federal and state unpaid leave laws, and discuss how employers can craft policies moving forward to comply with these seemingly divergent obligations.
The Landscape of Paid Leave Laws
- The New World of Paid Leave
Navigating the Seemingly Contradictory Worlds of Paid vs. Unpaid Leave Laws
- Jurisdictions Where Paid Leave Is Required
- Scope of Requested Paid Leave Laws
- Continuing Developments in Expansion of Employee Paid Leave Rights
About The Presenter:
- Coordinating Compliance With Paid Leave V. Unpaid Leave Laws
- Drafting the Right Policies to Ensure Compliance With Paid Leave Laws
- Practical Considerations in Administrating Employee Initiated Paid Leave Programs
Ralph R. Smith, 3rd, Esq.
- Shareholder and vice chairman of the Labor and Employment Department of the law firm of Capehart & Scatchard, P.A.
- Concentrates practice in the areas of labor and employment law, and complex commercial litigation
- Represents companies in all kinds of labor and employment-related litigation in the federal and state courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Regularly counsels clients on issues of compliance with both federal and state employment laws, including those that impact the area of employee background checks and dealing with arrested employees
- Lectures widely and writes frequently in the field of labor and employment law
- Has lectured at many Lorman Education Services seminars
- Served as an adjunct professor at The Widener University Graduate School of Business, teaching labor and employment law
- Member of the New Jersey Federal Bar Association; the New Jersey State Bar Association; the Historical Society of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey; and the Camden County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee
- Former barrister instructor for the Camden County Inns of Court; former board member and legislative chair of the Society of Human Resource Management, Philadelphia Chapter; and a qualified mediator for the New Jersey Superior Court
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Temple University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Temple University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OSHA Recordkeeping 101
Safety Metrics: 10 Ways To Measure And Quantify Your Safety Program
Incident Investigations: A Simple Process That Works
OSHA Compliance Seminar
What′s New In Confined Spaces Regulations
Best Practices For Emergency Response Planning
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Behavior Based Safety: What Works, What Doesn′t, And How It Can Help Your Organization
OSHA 30-Hour Compliance Course
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
Workers′ Comp 2014
How Workers′ Compensation Works
The Employee Safety Handbook
7-Minute Safety Trainer-Spanish/English Edition
Internal Investigations Certificate Program