DOT HAZMAT Safety
Over 4 billion tons of hazardous materials are transported in the U.S. every year.
Due to their inherent risks to life, property, and the environment, the U.S. DOT established the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) to cover the classification, labeling, packaging, and handling of hazardous materials. They also regulate hazmat training, incident reporting, hazard communication, and security.
This course describes existing regulations for the transport of hazardous materials in commerce in the U.S., including the Hazardous Materials Table (HMT).
Topics Covered in This Course:
- Provide the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) definitions for "hazardous material," "hazmat employer" and "hazmat employee"
- Describe the key components of the U.S. DOT's Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR)
- Identify who must comply with the HMR
- Use the information in the Hazardous Materials Table (HMT) from the HMR to correctly fill out the shipping description on a shipping document for a hazardous material
- List the civil and criminal penalties that are possible for violations of the HMR
You Also Receive:
In addition to your DVD, you will receive a link to download the following documents to save and print as needed:
Based On: 49 CFR 171-180 (2015) and 49 CFR 172.101 (2015)
- Leader's Guide
- Answer Sheet
Time: 40 Minutes (25 min. video + 15 min. test)
|About The Provider:
||ConvergenceTraining.com specializes in developing industrial and manufacturing training content and software designed to simplify skills & compliance training.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OSHA Recordkeeping 101
Safety Metrics: 10 Ways To Measure And Quantify Your Safety Program
Incident Investigations: A Simple Process That Works
OSHA Compliance Seminar
What′s New In Confined Spaces Regulations
Best Practices For Emergency Response Planning
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Behavior Based Safety: What Works, What Doesn′t, And How It Can Help Your Organization
OSHA 30-Hour Compliance Course
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
Workers′ Comp 2014
How Workers′ Compensation Works
The Employee Safety Handbook
7-Minute Safety Trainer-Spanish/English Edition
Internal Investigations Certificate Program