The American National Standards Institute (ANSI), working with the Chemical Manufacturer's Association (CMA), has developed the first standard format for Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
While this new MSDS format is not required under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, OSHA is encouraging its use. Perhaps as important, most of the large chemical manufacturers in the United States appear to be adopting this MSDS format.
MARCOM's training products on "The ANSI Material Safety Data Sheet" have been specifically created to educate employees about the ANSI MSDS format.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The importance of the MSDS
- The MSDS's role in the Hazard Communication Standard
- Advantages of the ANSI format
- Four basic questions the ANSI MSDS is designed to answer
- What is the material, and what are its hazards?
- What should I do if a problem occurs?
- What precautions should I take when working with this material?
- Is there anything else I should know about this substance?
- Review of the sections in the ANSI Material Safety Data Sheet...and more!
MARCOM's Safety Meeting Kits provide all of the materials needed to promote and conduct a safety meeting. Each Kit contains a DVD program, 5 posters and 30 booklets.
DVD kits come with an easy-to-use leader's guide, scheduling and attendance forms, and an employee quiz.