This 173 page Ebook is filled with real-world illustrations and real-world solutions in safety training that utilize performance-based occupational safety concepts. The author Randy DeVaul, wrote this book in response to much feedback while writing the first book of this series; 'Performance Safety: A Practical Approach'.
The author shows how root cause analysis (workplace hazard analysis) approach used in engineering and for trouble-shooting in maintenance is also key in incident and injury investigations and performance management. As well as workplace safety, workplace disaster training, this book will aid in changing corporate culture while improving communication in the workplace.
A must read for those implementing a performance management system. Also a great book to supplement safety training 501 and hazwoper training. The book starts out with a mix of published and new articles from the author that demonstrate Performance Safety in use.
The second part of book is a series of toolbox talks for use with your employees. Employers who have purchased this book are welcome to use these pages for employees as toolbox talks or company newsletter articles as long as the copyright and author-credit information is included.
If reprinted into a newsletter or other media format, the author requests a copy of the finished product in which the article(s) appears. Any other use of the material requires permission from the author.
Table of Contents
Performance Safety Compiled Writings
- Performance Safety : What is it?
- Shortcuts: The Savings may be Costly
- Painful Lessons with PPE
- We're All In This Together
- Once and For All, Who is Responsible?
- Just Shocking!
- Performance Safety 's Success Triangle
- Confined Spaces: Fit for Life?
- Heat Stress
- Surviving the Wiles of Winter
- Worker Compensation: Back to Basics
- Hazardous Materials Awareness: Protection for Life
Performance Safety ToolBox/Safety Meetings
- Performing Safely – What are the Odds?
- Housekeeping and Teamwork
- Close Calls and Near Hits
- Noise Affects
- Hearing: How it Works and How We Lose It
- A Careless Disregard for Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment: Last Line of Protection
- Happy Holidays
- Hypothermia : Like a Thief in the Night
- Hot, Hot, Hot! Preparing for Heat Stress at Work
- Workers' Compensation: What You Need to Know
- Fire Extinguishers: What Do I Do With Them?
- Carbon Monoxide: Quiet and Deadly
- Shortcuts: The Savings May Be Costly
- We're All in This Together: Injury Causes and Prevention
- Electrical Safety: Just Shocking!
- Personal Protective Equipment: Painful Lessons
- We Are All Responsible
- Confined Spaces: Fit For Life
- Hazardous Materials: Protection For Life
- Machine Guarding: You Can't Beat It!
- First Aid: Anaphylaxis - A True Medical Emergency!
- First Aid: Following the A-B-Cs of Life
- Doing Your Job Right Every Time
- Back Safety: Keeping It Healthy
- Forklift Fatal Errors
"Once again, you knock my socks off! I've always been impressed with your straight-forward no BS approach to safety. That is, a simplistic yet a fundamentally based message incorporating the latest research. You have an enviable talent to boil down the jargon and present a clear concise message."
"Your latest book should be in every front-line supervisor's hand and on the shelf of every safety professional. I love your message that we are our brother's keeper and the decisions we make today can have a profound impact on us, our loved ones, our coworkers, and our employers. Bottom line, safety is for (quality) life. I'm looking forward to your next book."
D.C., Technical Support Manager