OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification Training
||Online Training Course
Our OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Online course provides in-depth training on how to perform post-emergency response activities and cleanups/remediation at industrial sites, Superfund and RCRA corrective action sites, and voluntary cleanups involving hazardous substances.
Training includes hazard recognition, exposure limits and risk evaluation for chemical and general site safety concerns. You will review the technology and methods available to monitor and detect hazardous materials, learn how to control and contain chemical spills, establish a decontamination process and select and use worker protective equipment, among a wide variety of other subjects.
It should also be noted that a worker who has taken the OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER entirely online may warrant more training if, in the future, he or she is required to use specialized equipment. Taking the training online and having training on-site by the employer is really the best option, as it provides the best of both situations.
The objectives of the OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER are to meet the Federal OSHA HAZWOPER training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3)(i) for general industry and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(3)(i) for construction. This course is also intended to meet any HAZWOPER training requirements for the EPA and State OSHA regulations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe OSHA and the HAZWOPER Regulation and other laws related to the HAZWOPER worker
- Describe the training requirements for HAZWOPER workers
- Explain the importance of an effective Health and Safety Program
- List the components of an effective Medical Surveillance Program
- Perform site characterization and control by identifying site hazards and implementing steps to minimize these hazards
- Recognize hazardous substances and research their hazards utilizing various reference sources
- Understand basic toxicology principles and how they relate to chemical exposure
- Select and utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the HAZWOPER worker
- Understand medical considerations of wearing Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC)
- Understand decontamination methods and the principles of decontamination
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of hazardous substances
- Understand the importance of emergency preparedness
- Demonstrate an awareness of confined spaces
- Understand the OSHA Hazardous Communication Standard
- Perform hazardous substance spill and containment techniques
- Describe various sampling methods and procedures
- Understand the detection and monitoring tools available to the HAZWOPER worker
- HAZWOPER Training Overview
- Regulatory Overview
- Safety and Health Program
- Medical Surveillance
- MODULE 1 EXAM
- Hazardous Materials Recognition and Reference Sources
- The Hazard Communication Standard
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- MODULE 2 EXAM
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Site Control
- General Safety Hazards
- MODULE 3 EXAM
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Chemical Protective Clothing
- Medical Considerations for Wearing Chemical Protective Clothing
- Gas Detection Basics
- Sampling Methods and Procedures
- MODULE 4 EXAM
- Handling Containers and Managing Spills
- HAZWOPER Emergency Response
- Confined Space Overview
- MODULE 5 EXAM
- Introduction to Respiratory Protection
- Types of Respiratory Protection
- Respirator Selection and Use
- Respirator Medical Evaluation
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Respirator Training and Program Guidelines
- Respirator Maintenance and Care
- MODULE 6 EXAM
- Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Overview
- Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Program
- Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Selection
- Chemical Protective Clothing Classifications
- Donning Chemical Protective Clothing
- Doffing Chemical Protective Clothing
- Decontaminating Chemical Protective Clothing
- Inspection Storage and Maintenance of Protective Clothing
- Training and Monitoring for CPC
- MODULE 7 EXAM
- Preventing Sparks
- Sensor Technology
- Types of Gas Detection Systems
- Colorimetric Tubes and Diffusion Tubes
- Flammability and CGI's (Combustible Gas Indicators)
- PIDs and FIDs
- Other Detection Devices
- MODULE 8 EXAM
- Video - Overview
- Video - Respirators
- Video - Level A
- Video - Level B
- Video - CPC Components and Accessories
- Video - Monitoring and Detection
- Video - Miscellaneous Tools and Equipment
- Summary and Conclusion
- Entirely Online — The 40 Hour HAZWOPER course is taken entirely online from any computer that has high speed internet and meets our basic system requirements. No classroom to attend, no travel required.
- Self-Paced — For your convenience, start and stop as often as you want in order to break the training up over a longer period. Our system will track your progress, enabling you to resume where you left off upon your next log in.
- Fully Narrated — Follow right along as our narrator talks you through the entire course.
- Instructor Hotline — Interact with our instructor by using our instructor hotline or e-mail us your questions. You will typically receive a response within an hour and be guaranteed one within 24 hours.
- 6 Months to Complete — Take up to six months to complete your 40 Hour HAZWOPER training.
- 24/7 Telephone Support — Telephone support is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays.
- Certificate &ID Card — Immediately upon completion of your 40 hour HAZWOPER training, download, save, or print a certificate. A PVC credit card type wallet ID, with optional photo, is mailed within 24 hours.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR ONLINE COURSE
You will receive an email with access instructions directly from Safety Unlimited within 24 hours of ordering this course.
|About The Provider:
||Since 1993, Safety Unlimited, Inc. has been a leading provider in workplace safety resources. We specialize in all areas of safety training, with an emphasis on environmental consulting and emergency response training.
Our goal is not only to assist our customers with regulatory compliance training, but also to provide our students with the training they can really learn from and the workplace safety resources they need.
Whether it is refresher training or first-time training you seek, Safety Unlimited, Inc. is the best choice for all of your safety training needs.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OSHA Recordkeeping 101
Safety Metrics: 10 Ways To Measure And Quantify Your Safety Program
Incident Investigations: A Simple Process That Works
OSHA Compliance Seminar
What′s New In Confined Spaces Regulations
Best Practices For Emergency Response Planning
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Behavior Based Safety: What Works, What Doesn′t, And How It Can Help Your Organization
OSHA 30-Hour Compliance Course
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
Workers′ Comp 2014
How Workers′ Compensation Works
The Employee Safety Handbook
7-Minute Safety Trainer-Spanish/English Edition
Internal Investigations Certificate Program