Would you know what to do if your organization just hired a new associate with an H1B visa?
As more organizations expand their recruiting worldwide to find the best talent, it is critical for payroll professionals to understand immigration visas - and how they affect how you pay employees.
Failure to comply with regulations can result in the employer being disqualified from hiring any additional occupation workers on visas, as well as other fines and penalties. Don't put your company at risk; join us for this interactive program and make sure your payroll procedures are compliant!
By attending this audio conference you will learn:
- How to obtain a visa for a potential employee
- How to handle employees already on visas when being hired
- The proper documentation that should be obtained
- Employment authorization requirements
- Special payroll and tax rules for workers with visas
- The different types of student visas - and how to properly tax
- Taxation rules with regards to the "Substantial Presence" test
- Tax Treaties and Totalization Agreements - and why they are important for taxation
- Why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status
About Your Speaker:
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC, is a payroll professional with over 15 years experience in both teaching and handling payroll.
Ms. Reum holds both a Certified Payroll Professional and a Fundamental Payroll Certification designation, and is a frequent presenter on various payroll topics. Dayna has worked for companies such as PetSmart, Honeywell, and the American Payroll Association.
Dayna also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, has received a Citation of Merit and is a Gold Pin member of the APA. She is certified in HR hiring and firing practices, and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIŒs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.