The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
|Date / Time:
||In 2011, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) released an update to the ANSI Standard A10.33, “Safety and Health Program Requirements for Multi-Employer Projects.” Although the focus of this consensus standard is on construction projects, it has implications for any multi-employer work location since it can be adopted and enforced by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) through the General Duty Clause and recognized by courts and arbitrators.
Because of the potential implications, it is important for safety professionals to understand the elements of this ANSI standard and to evaluate their existing policies for multi-employer work site health and safety programs using the standard’s criteria and expectations.
Join us for an in-depth webinar you and your colleagues will learn:
About your presenter:
- The general requirements of ANSI A10.33
- The differences between the previous standard and the new one
- How, what, and when OSHA may act concerning the standard
- The standard's key areas including definitions, project safety and health requirements, disciplinary procedures, “Designation, Responsibilities, Corrective Action and Presence on
- Projects,” pre-work planning, training, emergency plans, permit systems, and more
- The various appendixes including Appendix A: Model Contractor Safety and Health Program, Appendix B, Job Hazard Analysis Explanation and Model form, and Appendix E: Survey of Job Site
- Recommended pre-qualification criteria to consider when selecting a contractor
- Strategies for developing a comprehensive and compliant program for each of the key elements
- How the MSHA Contractor Policy and the OSHA Multi-Employer Policy can affect you
- How to identify and evaluate resources to help in the development and implementation of your ANSI A10.33 program
Adele Abrams, Esq., CMSP, is an attorney and safety professional who is recognized as a national expert on occupational safety and health. She heads a ten-attorney firm that represents employers and contractors nationwide in OSHA and MSHA litigation, and provides safety and health training, auditing, and consultation services. She is a Certified Mine Safety Professional, and a Department of Labor-approved trainer. She is also a professional member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, and is co-author of several safety-related textbooks. She is chair of the National Safety Council’s Business & Industry Division committee on regulatory and legal affairs. She is admitted to the Bars of MD, DC and PA, as well as multiple federal courts including the US Supreme Court.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:
||Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
The live versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 0.075
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD’s, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
Keywords For This Course:
ANSI Standard, Risk Management, OSHA