Mistake-Free Grammar & Proofreading
||RADISSON HOTEL BATON ROUGE
||2445 S ACADIAN THRUWAY
BATON ROUGE, LA 70808
|Starting Date / Time:
||3/22/2012 - '9:00 local time'
||View Other Cities And Dates
A workshop that makes proofreading and grammar fun? Is that possible? You bet! This program is based on the latest research on how adults learn.
It's fast-moving, so you stay interested. It's engaging, so you learn by doing. And it's fun, so you happily give it your all. Mistake-Free Grammar & Proofreading is nothing like the grammar classes you took in school.
This workshop is exciting, engaging, and truly effective in refreshing you on the basics of business English.
In One Fast-Moving Day, You'll Learn:
Who Should Attend
- The grammar rules every professional must know
- All about capitalization and punctuation
- Painless proofreading
- Commonly misused words - and how to use them correctly
- Six key rules for subject-verb agreement
- Techniques for finding errors in numbers, prices, codes, dates, etc...and lots more!
This training is critical for people who want their written communication to be letter-perfect. It's ideal for managers, secretaries, technical writers, editors, and proofreaders who:
It's also great for anyone who uses English as a second language.
- Have never received formal training in these core skills
- Have been out of school for a while and need to brush up
Memorable Training With Unforgettable Results!
In this high-energy training, you'll try your luck with Blue Ribbon Bingo…polish your usage skills with Grammar Bull's Eye… and "question the answers" with Punctuation Jeopardy.
The result? The information comes alive for you. You easily see the practical applications. And it sticks with you in a way that pure "book learning" never can.
Basics Of Proofreading
Grammar Rules To Remember
- How to increase your proofreading speed — without sacrificing accuracy
- Are you an editor or a proofreader? How to determine which skill your job really requires
- Proofreading marks: learn what they are and practice using them
- How to correct writing without changing the meaning
- Secrets for overcoming monotony and staying alert when proofreading
- How to create distance from your work so you can catch your own errors
- A review of basic grammar rules
- How to fix run-on sentences
- The rules of subject-verb agreement
- How to avoid sexist language
- Who vs. whom; me vs. myself — never be confused again!
Usage And Form
- The 6 most frequently missed rules for using commas
- How to use semicolons to improve the flow of your sentences
- How and when to use colons
- When you should use quotation marks — and when you shouldn't (By the way, does the period go inside or outside the quotation marks?)
- Dashes and parentheses (Did you know they are opposites?)
- When to use further/farther, affect/effect, continual/continuous. and other frequently misused words
- 150 commonly misspelled words (a take-home list you'll use often!)
- Capitalization rules
- When to use numbers and when to use words (50 or fifty?)
- A final quiz that will show how much more skilled and confident you are!
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CPE|
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OSHA Records: What To Record, When And How To Record It, And How Long To Keep It
Safety Incentive Programs: Is Mine Legal?
OSHA Compliance Seminar
OSHA's New Reporting Requirements - And What They Mean for You
The Employee Safety Handbook
Workers' Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
7-Minute Safety Trainer-Spanish/English Edition
HAZWOPER 40-Hour Training Package
Safety Mistakes Made By Most Employers - And How To Avoid Them
Basics Of Office Ergonomics
Safety And The Aging Workforce
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
OSHA 30-Hour Compliance Course
Best Practices For Managing Your Workers' Comp Claims
Identifying Workers' Compensation Fraud And Misrepresentation
The OSHA Answer Book 10th Edition