I-9 And E-Verify Compliance Training Courses
I-9 and E-Verify are two tools to help employers ensure that they are hiring individuals who are legally able to work in the US.
Like any government requirements, there are benefits, but also fines and penalties if you do something incorrectly. So rather than take a chance on figuring out the forms yourself, take the guesswork out of the process and get trained by using any of the recommended courses below.
I-9 Training Courses
U.S. employers must use the I-9 form to verify the identity and right to work of every employee hired.
Unfortunately, while the I-9 form looks relatively simple at face value, mistakes leading to costly penalties are all-to-common, resulting in significant and costly penalties.
Our training courses teach you systematic processes for I-9 completion to help minimize the possibility that your organization could find itself in the unfortunate position of having to deal with the consequences of erroneous - or late - or improperly completed or submitted - I-9 forms.
Here is just some of what you'll learn:
- The I-9 recordkeeping requirements
- When should/can the I-9 be completed
- How to ask for supporting documentation
- What to look for when reviewing supporting documentation
- Step-by-step examples of a ?best practice? system for I-9 recordkeeping compliance
- Requirements for paper versus electronic recordkeeping
- Avoiding potential EEO issues associated with I-9 recordkeeping
- The role of payroll records in maintaining proper I-9 recordkeeping
- Common I-9 recordkeeping mistakes to avoid
- Recordkeeping tips to prepare for an I-9 audit
- Requirements for keeping supporting documentation
- How to handle I-9s for re-hires
- When is re-verification required
- Avoiding potential EEO issues associated with I-9 completion
- Common I-9 form completion errors to avoid
- Best practices for new hire I-9 completion
E-Verify Compliance Training Courses
E-verify is a powerful, free tool to help ensure that employers? hiring practices are in compliance with the Immigration Reform & Control Act (IRCA).
This training session helps you get started with E-Verify ? and helps to make sure that your team members responsible for the process are using it properly. By attending, you and/or your team will learn:
- How the E-Verify system works
- How to get set up to use E-Verify
- E-Verify's interaction with I-9 requirements
- How to integrate E-Verify with your new-hire setup process
- What happens when a new hire doesn?t clear the E-Verify system
- Shortcuts for using E-Verify
- Complying with re-verification requirements
Find I-9 And E-Verify Compliance Training Courses
To find I-9 and E-Verify compliance training courses, either select from the Recommended Courses below or select "Immigration/I-9/E-Verify" and your state from the "Professional Development" section of the search box below.